Difficulty Rating: Level 2
This jungle/coastal survival course is not only a training event but an epic adventure into the deep jungles and coastal areas of Costa Rica. You will eat amazing jungle foods, experience the remote jungle wildlife and go on an epic learning adventure. Everything is planned out and ready for your arrival. All you need to bring is some basic jungle survival gear and you’re ready. Because of the flexibility we have with our Central American connections we can offer this course anytime as a private lesson or small group adventure with very competitive prices.
These jungles are one of the most bio diverse regions on the planet and offer unparalleled beauty! Waterfalls, never ending rivers, amazing fishing, incredible wildlife, beautiful beaches, and an unlimited amount of resources for learning bushcraft. This course is designed to start a person off on the basic skills of jungle survival and then build them up to an advanced level in a short amount of time.
You will train with the locals that have been living in the jungle for generations. The goal of this course is not to just teach you how to get back to civilization, but how to embrace the jungle and all the wonderful bounties it has to offer. We will teach you this by deep immersion training in the jungle and this entire class will be completely hands on in a real world survival training scenario.
Costa Rica has a lot to offer besides being a pristine jungle survival training area. After your course you can choose between many options and tours if you wish to take some time off. We can offer you canopy tours, white water rafting, sport fishing and much more.
This course is part of the SIGMA 3 Survival Instructor program and is designed to add to your growing list of skills. Training in various environments is key to the growth of any survival instructor, and we added this amazing program to give you the option to expand your options with some of the best jungle survival guides in the world. It is not required to take our level 1 course in order to attend this course! The jungle survival instructor program is one more step in reaching our level 2 & 3 certification programs. A person with only beginner survival skills is welcome to take this course since we will start you with the basics and build you to more advanced skills.
- Arrival at San Jose. Transfer to Hotel.
- Night in San Jose.
- Transfer to by van to Drake Bay private preserve. Night at Lodge. Briefing and meet the instructors.
- Jungle bush craft training.
- Topics to be covered: Bamboo fire saw, Bamboo camp ware, Trap building.
Days 4 & 5
- Full day of Jungle Survival Training. In the field.
- Topics to be covered:
- Water procurement: Water vines and water from royal palm fruit.
- Shelter making – Swamp bed.
- Proper machete handling. Learn to proper handle and care for the most important tool in jungle survival.
- Cordage in the jungle.
- Building a latrine in the jungle.
- Wild edibles and scouting.
- Coastal Training
- Transfer to by van to Karate Beach. Establish base camp, night at Beach.
Days 7 & 8
- Full day of Coastal Survival Training. Topics to be covered:
- Survival fishing. (Trout lines).
- Wild edibles and the field.
- Water procurement.
- Early transfer by van back to San Jose.
- Transfer to Airport or Night in San Jose.
- All Nights and Lodging. (Double occupancy).
- Meals at base camp.
- All transfers.
- Extra Survival Gear.
- Survival instructor.
- Breakfast in San Jose.
- Meals and drinks at San Jose.
- Airport departure tax $29.00 (subject to change).
- Extra drinks.
- Tips to staff.
Total Course Cost: $1995
Deposit: $650 and rest in paid in full upon arrival ($1345). Your initial deposit will be made to enroll into the course. There is no refund and no cancellations. Deposit money is non refundable. The rest of the money will be paid in cash to Alberto Lopez when you arrive. Be prepared at airport pickup to make final payment for the course!
You will need to make flight arrangements into the Juan Santa Maria Airport SJO. You can contact Alberto Lopez if you have any questions and to make pickup arrangements. [email protected]