Difficulty Rating: Level 2
This is simply one of the most important skills anyone can learn to improve your health and learn to make their own medicine from the wilderness! The WildCrafter course is our premier course on learning wild edible and medicinal plants.
WILD FOODS ARE ABUNDANT ALL OVER THE WORLD! LEARN THEM NOW!
Wild plants is by far one of the most important subjects in wilderness and urban survival skills because of how many resources they can provide in a survival scenario. The ability to get food and medicine from your surrounding environment without needing tools to collect it can sometimes mean the difference between life and death. We always tell our students that as long as you know your plants you can find a free lunch anywhere you go in the world.
LEARN TO MAKE YOUR OWN MEDICINE FROM PLANTS!
In the first part of the course we will teach you how to identify plant families vs learning individual species. Approximately 8 plant families make up around 70% of the worlds plant species and if you know how to identify those plant family characteristics, then you know what that plant can do for you without knowing the exact species of the plant. These simple techniques we are going to show you will cut you work load of plant learning in half because of how simple it makes it. Just this little bit of info we show you will be worth the class alone!
LEARN YOUR TOP LOCAL PLANTS AND HOW TO PREPARE THEM!
What you will learn
- How to identify the top plant families!
- Best cordage making plants and how to make natural rope
- Tons of plant walks in the course
- How to make tinctures, salves, and wound powders
- Parboiling and processing plants with toxic properties
- Best plants for bushcraft hygiene
- Poisonous plants and how to identify them
- Numerous plant walks around local area
- How to prepare wild edibles and make them taste great
- Top Edible, medicinal, utilitarian, and poisonous plants